Stress Management: DIY Flubber

May 31, 2016

Sometimes when you’re overwhelmed, all you can do is sit down and try to relax. This series provides 3 easy DIY’s that make relaxation easy and fun!

Flubber1

Materials

• 2 Bottles of Elmer’s Glue
  • Borax
  • Water
  • Liquid Food Coloring
  • Mixing Bowl
  • Measuring Cup

*Borax can be found in your neighborhood grocery store in either the cleaning supply or laundry aisle

You’ll want to start by pouring both bottles of glue into your mixing bowl. Don’t worry about the glue being sticky, once the borax is mixed in the glue will solidify and will not stick to the bowl.

Flubber6

Next, add the food coloring of your choice. Three drops of food coloring should be enough but if you want a deeper color you may want to add more. After adding the food coloring, add 1/4 cup of water and mix the ingredients together.

Flubber7

Flubber8

Now take your measuring cup, add a 1/2 cup of water, and heat in the microwave. While the water is being heated, measure 2 teaspoons of Borax. The Borax will be added to the hot water and dissolved.

Flubber5

Mix the Borax into the water thoroughly so that it is completely dissolved. Now, begin slowly pouring the solution into the mixing bowl with the other ingredients. Add small amounts at a time, mixing as you go. The mixture should begin to solidify right away but be careful not to put your hands in to mix it until all the solution is poured in and the water has been poured out. (Trust me, the water is a lot hotter than you think.)

Flubber9

Once the solution has been mixed in and the water has been poured off, you’re done! Have fun playing with your flubber!

The Ms. Print • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in