Upcoming Games in 2017/18

Your source for 15 new games coming out this year & beyond!

November 27, 2017

As you may already know, new video games come out all the time. Particularly at this time of year. So many, in fact, that it’s hard to keep track. It’s especially difficult if you don’t know what games are coming out on what consoles. Back when I had a NES, it was certainly easier to tell what games would work on my system and what wouldn’t. And by easier, I mean there weren’t any new games because the console was twenty-six years old when I got it and pretty effectively unsupported.

So, with the new consoles coming out nearly as fast as the games are, I decided to make a list of some of the new games coming out this year and early next year. Below I’ll cover five of the most compelling titles for each of the three main consoles.

Xbox Games, 2017 – 2018:

PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) – Xbox One, Dec. 12

PUBG has been wildly popular since its PC release in 2017. With it’s debut on Xbox, it is expected to gain even more players – seeing as it has received glowing praise from all directions, I think it’s safe to say this game is recommended.

Vampyr – Xbox One, PS4, PC, Spring 2018

From the studio that produced Life is Strange, Vampyr looks like a stunning game where you choose your own path and create your own story. You play as a doctor in 1918 who happens to be a newly-turned vampire.

Okami HD – Xbox One, PS4, PC, Dec. 12

This gorgeous remake of the PS3 game has drawn many eyes recently. With the stunning art people remember from the original, Okami seems like the kind of game that will always impress.

Agony – Xbox One, PS4, PC, Early 2018

With many people saying this may be the most brutal horror game of the year, you play as a tormented soul in Hell. Along the way, you face horrors yet to be revealed – but from the look of it, this game is going to be terrifying.

Red Dead Redemption 2 – Xbox One, PS4, Early 2018

Boasting of a new online multiplayer feature, RDR2 is a game set in, as the website says, ‘America’s heartland.’ From the trailer, it looks like the sequel will meet, if not exceed, collective expectations.

PlayStation Games, 2017 – 2018:

Death Stranding – PS4, 2018(?)

With gorgeous graphics and iconic actors, this action game has already stolen the hearts of many. While the eerie trailer was released in 2016, there has been little information given about the game since.

God of War – PS4, 2018

Taking place in a world full of Norse lore, this game already sounds promising. Playing as Kratos, you not only have to take on countless enemies, but you also have to mentor and protect your son, Atreus. From the gameplay trailer, this game already looks incredible.

Detroit: Become Human – PS4, 2018

Detroit looks like a new, interesting take on Artificial Intelligence – following a terminator-like storyline, you play as an Android who doesn’t want to be enslaved by humanity any longer.

Spider-Man – PS4, 2018

In this game (as you can probably see from the title) you play as Peter Parker. Right off the bat, I’ll say that any game that’s brought to you by Marvel will probably nail it. Showing off a wonderful bit of gameplay in the trailer, I really hope Spider-Man shows us all what it’s like to be a hero.

Fe – PS4 Xbox One, NS, 2018

Unlike many other games on this list, Fe is a game that looks calm and hauntingly beautiful. You explore a forest as Fe, a small creature, and discover secrets, quests, and beautifully designed wildlife.

Switch Games, 2017 – 2018:

Project Octopath Traveler – Nintendo Switch, 2018

A demo of this game was released by Square Enix earlier this year to what seemed to be mostly positive feedback. The demo allowed you to play as two of eight characters, exploring small portions of each unique path. With a beautiful design, this game is highly anticipated.

Metroid Prime 4 – Nintendo Switch, TBA

This new addition to the iconic Metroid series was teased at this year’s (somewhat disastrous) E3. Along with other titles announced by Nintendo, Metroid stood out as a new, exciting take on an old series.

Untitled Pokémon – Nintendo Switch, 2018/TBA

While there has been no information released other than the fact that a main series Pokémon game will be coming to the Switch, this game is already incredibly exciting, and many people have been making guesses about what it will be like to play.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Nintendo Switch, Nov. 17, 2017

Skyrim, the incredibly popular RPG, is making its way to the Switch. By the time this article is published, it’ll already be out! Featuring new motion controls, outfits, and more, this will be an exciting addition to the Switch’s game catalog.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – Nintendo Switch, Dec. 1, 2017

With the first game released seven years ago, Nintendo announced the second game in the series will be released on the Switch this year. Xenoblade has been known in the past for its beautiful graphics and music, and I don’t think the sequel will disappoint.

While this only covers some of next year, there are many other good games coming out soon. Do your research, and, as an obligatory personal suggestion, check out Breath of the Wild. It’s worth it, I promise.

The Ms. Print • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in